Here's the serious, legal stuff - it's good practice to have it here, so feel free to ask any questions if you need me to clarify anything (if I am able) (I won't be able).
What is GDPR?The GDPR was adopted by the EU Parliament to:
- Create consistency within all the member states of the EU as to the rules regarding data protection, implementation of the law, and how the rules are enforced.
- Modernise the principles laid out in the 1995 Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), which was written before the advent of social media, 'smart' mobile devices that now can access things like cameras and geo-location information, and the ubiquity of online services and communications.
- Reinforce the rights of individuals to control and protect their personal data.
- Strengthen the EU internal market, ensuring stronger enforcement of the rules, streamlining international transfers of personal data and setting global data protection standards.
The GDPR applies to:
Organisations located within the EU;
Organisations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to (even for free), or monitor the behaviour of, EU residents; and
Organisations processing and holding personal data of EU residents, regardless of the Organisation's location.
What is personal data?
GDPR defines personal data broadly as: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
A Data Controller is an organisation that determines the purposes, conditions, and means of the processing of personal data. FAWN Prints is a Data Controller, for the purposes of operating its craft/design/print business in Dublin.
The Data Protection Officer for FAWN Prints is Fán Regan who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Sumup Payments (in studio/ at exhibitions) - GDPR compliance information coming soon.
- Social media platform of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Website/Google analytics using contact forms via our website - read about that here.
How do we use Personal Data?FAWN Prints uses your data for the following legitimate purposes:
- To enable our business to respond to your enquiries and to provide information on your order.
- Enquiries include those made in person, by email, text message or telephone, through e-newsletters, or via our website at www.fawn.ie and associated social media platform of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To enable the despatch of orders according to your instructions, and gift orders where applicable.
- To inform you of despatch times and/or delays where applicable.
- To contact you occasionally by email newsletters (via our third party platform, Mailchimp and subject to your positive opt-in) you have received or to inform you of similar services and products we offer that are relevant to you. You can update your details or unsubscribe from these contacts at any time.
- We will keep your personal data on our secure systems indefinitely as a requirement of insurance cover (unless you request removal according to your rights under the GDPR).
Security of Data
We operate a 'safe file' system for all client information. This applies to all client files and contacts whether securely stored in physical files or held via desktop/handheld devices. Non-essential paperwork is routinely shredded and recycled and physical records are scanned and shredded afterwards.
Payment / Financial Security
When making card payments online, your details are input directly through Stripe - read about their GDPR compliance here.
When making payments in person to FAWN prints, your details are input direct into our secure payment terminal provided by Sumup Payments and we do not keep identifiable credit card details after use. SumUp is responsible for the security of cardholder data which is processed, transmitted and stored within their systems. To this end, SumUp is certified as compliant under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). SumUp applies best industry practice to safeguard this sensitive data and to ensure that it operates in line with these requirements, and to this end SumUp undergoes annual audits to ensure that they continue to meet this high standard.
Your rights under the GDPRUnless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which FAWN Prints holds.
- The right to request that FAWN Prints corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for FAWN Prints to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
- The right to request that FAWN Printsprovides you with your personal data and where possible, transmits that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
By browsing and using this website, FAWN prints wishes to be clear about what data we collect and how it is used when you visit our website. This policy tells you how the site collects your data, what we do with that data , what your rights are and why we collect that data.If you do not agree with any of these terms, please do not use the website.
How Do I Use the Information I Collect?See above GDPR information.
Ordering Safely with FawnOnce you have completed the selection of products you wish to purchase you may proceed to place an order. Once you have completed all of your payment details, and click “Next” your browser will go into secure mode. Data relating to your order and your personal and payment card details will all pass to our server in an encrypted format, courtesy of Stripe. As soon as you have finished ordering you will exit secure mode. As an additional protection for you, the system is designed so that you cannot place an order until you are safely within secure mode. We recommend that you do not communicate your payment card details to anyone, including me, by e-mail. I cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to me by internet link or by e-mail. Any such loss shall not be borne either wholly or partly by me, and shall be entirely your responsibility.
The content of the pages of this website, including product details and pricing, is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
I may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website, and any products, services or information available through this website, from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. It is your responsibility to check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Neither I nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which I shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Licence to Use WebsiteI adhere strictly to the following codes. All product designs, images, logos, product photography, written content remains, strictly my intellectual Property. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to me. This material includes, but is not limited to, content and product design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of this material in any form is prohibited other than in accordance with the following:
- This website and its content and products is copyright of Fawn Prints - © Fawn Prints 2018. All rights reserved.
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Unauthorised use of this material or this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that I endorse the website(s). I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).